“This is a giclée print of the silhouette of the Carlisle Castle. Standing proudly in the city, Carlisle Castle remained a working fortress until well within living memory. It has withstood many sieges and even contained Mary Queen of Scots as a valuable royal prisoner.
This striking Giclée map print is made in Scotland by outlining Carlisle Castle to create a silhouette & then layering it over a section of a beautiful vintage map.”
All items in our shop are created, printed and framed in our workshop near North Berwick, Scotland.
Our prints are all Giclée (pronounced zhe-clay), which is commonly thought to be the highest quality digital reproduction technique for fine art. We use archive quality Canon inks on textured Fine Art paper to ensure quality & longevity in our giclée prints.
– Image size 16.5 x 16.5cm with small border
– Paper – printed on high quality, textured 245gsm Dapple Fine Art paper
– Mount (if selected) – off-white, acid-free mount board
– Frame (if selected) – 20mm black, with a slightly brushed texture
– Printer – Canon 6450 24″ wide format printer with Canon’s 12-colour pigment inkjet system
– Your Print/ Mounted Print will be carefully placed in a cellophane sleeve before being shipped in a board-backed envelope
– Your Framed Print will be encased in a cardboard protector, carefully bubble-wrapped then finished in strong brown paper
– All items are shipped by Royal Mail (no tracking)
– We can ship internationally