“This is a giclée print of a silhouette of National Monument of Scotland, sited on Calton Hill in the heart of Edinburgh city cetre. It was modelled on the Parthenon in Athens and is Scotland’s national memorial to the Scottish soldiers and sailors who died fighting in the Napoleonic Wars. Due to the lack of finance it was left unfinished in 1829, but is nonetheless an iconic and much loved Edinburgh monument, clearly visible from much of the city.
This striking Giclée map print is made in Scotland by outlining the National Monument to create a silhouette & then layering it over a section of a beautiful vintage map.”
All items in our shop are created, printed and framed in our workshop near North Berwick, Scotland.
Our prints are all Giclée (pronounced zhe-clay), which is commonly thought to be the highest quality digital reproduction technique for fine art. We use archive quality Canon inks on textured Fine Art paper to ensure quality & longevity in our giclée prints.
– Image size 16.5 x 16.5cm with small border
– Paper – printed on high quality, textured 245gsm Dapple Fine Art paper
– Mount (if selected) – off-white, acid-free mount board
– Frame (if selected) – 20mm black, with a slightly brushed texture
– Printer – Canon 6450 24″ wide format printer with Canon’s 12-colour pigment inkjet system
– Your Print/ Mounted Print will be carefully placed in a cellophane sleeve before being shipped in a board-backed envelope
– Your Framed Print will be encased in a cardboard protector, carefully bubble-wrapped then finished in strong brown paper
– All items are shipped by Royal Mail (no tracking)
– We can ship internationally