“This is a giclée print of the silhouette of the Cove Harbour, East Lothian. For a brief time the harbour was one of the most important herring ports on the east coast of Scotland. The painters known as ‘The Glasgow Boys’ based themselves in the area at the end of the 19th century and Cove was a popular subject to paint.
This striking Giclée map print is made in Scotland by outlining Cove Harbour to create a silhouette & then layering it over a section of a beautiful vintage map.”
All items in our shop are created, printed and framed in our workshop near North Berwick, Scotland.
Our prints are all Giclée (pronounced zhe-clay), which is commonly thought to be the highest quality digital reproduction technique for fine art. We use archive quality Canon inks on textured Fine Art paper to ensure quality & longevity in our giclée prints.
– Image size 16.5 x 16.5cm with small border
– Paper – printed on high quality, textured 245gsm Dapple Fine Art paper
– Mount (if selected) – off-white, acid-free mount board
– Frame (if selected) – 20mm black, with a slightly brushed texture
– Printer – Canon 6450 24″ wide format printer with Canon’s 12-colour pigment inkjet system
– Your Print/ Mounted Print will be carefully placed in a cellophane sleeve before being shipped in a board-backed envelope
– Your Framed Print will be encased in a cardboard protector, carefully bubble-wrapped then finished in strong brown paper
– All items are shipped by Royal Mail (no tracking)
– We can ship internationally