“This is a giclée print of the silhouette of the Bass Rock, East Lothian. More often known simply knows as The Bass. It’s an island in the outer part of the Firth of Forth, just off the East Lothian coast. A remnant of ancient volcanic activity, this steep-sided rock is home to the largest ‘single rock’ colony of northern gannets in the world!
This striking Giclée map print is made in Scotland by outlining the Bass Rock to create a silhouette & then layering it over a section of a beautiful vintage map.”
All items in our shop are created, printed and framed in our workshop near North Berwick, Scotland.
Our prints are all Giclée (pronounced zhe-clay), which is commonly thought to be the highest quality digital reproduction technique for fine art. We use archive quality Canon inks on textured Fine Art paper to ensure quality & longevity in our giclée prints.
– Image size 16.5 x 16.5cm with small border
– Paper – printed on high quality, textured 245gsm Dapple Fine Art paper
– Mount (if selected) – off-white, acid-free mount board
– Frame (if selected) – 20mm black, with a slightly brushed texture
– Printer – Canon 6450 24″ wide format printer with Canon’s 12-colour pigment inkjet system
– Your Print/ Mounted Print will be carefully placed in a cellophane sleeve before being shipped in a board-backed envelope
– Your Framed Print will be encased in a cardboard protector, carefully bubble-wrapped then finished in strong brown paper
– All items are shipped by Royal Mail (no tracking)
– We can ship internationally